Carnot Pasteur MS
By developing research applications and transferring technological solutions to industry, the institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé is able to respond to global public health challenges.
As a major player in research on infectious and chronic diseases, the institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé aims to promote, with industry partners, the development of innovative products in therapeutics, diagnostics, vaccines and biotechnology fields.
|Permanent staff (full-time equivalent)||762|
|Global budget||95 M€|
|Partnership incomes with industry||15 M€|
The institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé
25-28 rue du Docteur Roux
75724 Paris Cedex 15
+ 33 (0)1 45 68 85 06
Interdisciplinarity and integrative approach
The action of the institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé is structured around 4 themes, of which each forms a continuum between fundamental, applied and translational research: emerging infectious diseases; antimicrobial resistance; microbiota and non-communicable diseases; interface with maths, physics and chemistry.
Infectious diseases are a major industrial and public health issue, and remain in the core actions carried out by the institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé.
Its scope consists of six Institut Pasteur departments that primarily deal with infectious diseases (Cell Biology and Infection, Global Health, Microbiology, Parasites and Insect Vectors, Virology and Mycology), in association with several immunology, neuroscience, structural biology and chemistry units.
Interdisciplinarity is key to finding new therapeutic and diagnostic strategies, particularly for diseases involving the immune system (chronic infection, autoimmune diseases) or of neurodegenerative and cerebral origin (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's in particular).
- Diagnostic tests
- Medical biotechnology
- Innovative medical devices
- Technologies for life sciences
- Artificial intelligence
- Innovations in the food industry
Innovative technologies applied to biology, such as chemogenomic screening, imaging and microfluidics, are sources of innovation that open up new perspectives in biomedical research, in particular the identification of new biomarkers or therapeutic targets. This is why several units and technological platforms are also part of the institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé.
Integrated into the institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé, the Institut Pasteur's Accelerator of Innovation supports various projects with high potential and valuable assets for transfer to industry. By combining funding strategies, technical support and business expertise, the Accelerator of Innovation aims to reduce technological development times in terms of licensing and commercialization of scientific discoveries.
What we offer to our industrial partners:
- Extended and transversal diversity of R&D fields based on the Institut Pasteur’s expertise
- Joint application to national and international calls for proposals (IMI, H2020, NIH, CEPI, etc.)
- Companies with R&D activity in France are also eligible for 60% research tax credit
- Easy access to scientific and technological expertise and several platforms open to companies
- Institut Pasteur grants exploitation rights
Bringing together academic and industrial researchers
- By creating mixed laboratories and industrial chairs, the institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé wishes to encourage the co-development of innovative ideas.
- The CIFRE scheme (Industrial Agreements for Training Through Research) also aims to support the development of public-private partnership research by co-financing the training of a doctoral student recruited by a private company. Every year, the institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes&Santé supports the training of several PhD students within the framework of joint research projects.