- The network
- 39 Carnot
- For businesses
Carnot Institutes: research for business innovation
Tomorrow starts here – and we are part of it!
An integrated offering adapted to the needs of all types of businesses – from start-ups to big corporations
Get ahead of the game!
Our teams are already working to anticipate businesses’ transformations, innovations and R&D projects.
On a day-to-day level, businesses are the partners of our labs. Every year, Carnot signs over 10 200 direct R&D agreements with businesses, and this does not include the numerous collaborative R&D projects (as part of EU programmes, ANR-sponsored thematic research, competitive clusters, etc.).
Bilateral R&D projects with businesses are covered by customised agreements. These may last a few weeks or a few years and budgets may range from a few thousand to several million euros.
Research agreements with Carnot may involve:
- bilateral R&D projects,
- consulting and expertise,
- tech platforms,
- collaborative R&D projects,
- shared labs.
“Point people” to partner your product and service innovation projects
- An inter-disciplinary network that listens to what its SME, mid-cap and big corporate industrial partners are saying
- Innovation solutions for all business sectors: see Carnot and business sectors ► more information
- Better access to scientific and technological expertise to drive innovation in start-ups, SMEs and mid-caps: see Start-ups, SMEs and mid-caps ► more information
- A network that anticipates market needs and delivers customised solutions for business
The most potent R&D offering for promoting innovation in business
- 20% of French public researchers, handling…
- …55% of R&D contracts outsourced by private companies to public research labs.
- 798 million € worth of contracts financed by business
- 500 million € in R&D contracts
- 154 million € in services provided
- 71 million € in intellectual property fees
La plus puissante offre de R&D pour les entreprises
- 20% des effectifs de la recherche publique réalisent
- 55% de la R&D externalisée par les entreprises vers les laboratoires publics.
- 825 M€ de contrats financés par les entreprises et partenaires :
- 527 M€ de contrats de R&D
- 154 M€ de prestations de service
- 71 M€ de recettes de propriété intellectuelle
- 73 M€ de recettes financées par les partenaires (hors entreprises privées)