Cerema’s Carnot Institute, Clim’adapt, helps the companies and the local authorities to take up the climate challenge and make the transition to a resource-efficient, low-carbon and environmentally friendly economy. Accordingly, through bilateral contract research services, Cerema provides these economic stakeholders with the scientific excellence of its researchers and experts in the establishment’s six fields of activity: Regional expertise and engineering, Building, Mobility, Transport infrastructure, Environment and risk, Sea and coast.
|Permanent staff (full-time equivalent)||200|
|Partnership incomes with industry||€5M|
Le Carnot Clim'adapt
25, avenue F. Mitterrand
F-69674 BRON Cedex
+33 (0)7 62 84 99 94
Marketing Communication Officer
+33 (0)4 82 91 75 20
Project Manager to the Director
+33 (0)7 60 00 99 29
thierry.braine-bonnaire[a]cerema.fr Email contact
CEREMA’S SCIENTIFIC EXCELLENCE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE FRENCH ECONOMY
A Carnot Institute that adresses the challenges faced by the regional players as a result of the climate change
Clim’adapt supports all players, companies and local authorities involved
in the design and construction of buildings, towns and infrastructures.
It has a threefold mission:
- transfer Cerema’s R&D to companies to support them with their ecological transition and, in particular, their adaptation to climate change;
- help companies to develop innovative, adapted solutions, characterise them in controlled conditions, and try them out in the field;
- support local authorities to identify and implement solutions that match their needs via partnership research.
- Land use planning
- Construction (building and civil engineering)
- Chemistry and materials
- Waste processing and recovery
- Energy systems
to the demonstrator: the tools at your disposal
Clim’adapt provides solutions at the cutting edge of R&D on its various
research topics, compatible with, and forerunners of, the necessary mitigation and adaptation of regions to climate change. With its strong regional roots,
the Institute operates in close proximity to its customers and their needs.
It provides them with Cerema’s R&D results, skills and resources in the fields
of observation, instrumentation, measurement, analysis and modelling to
understand and anticipate how their products or services work and assess their impact. Clim’adapt comprises:
- a workforce of 500 agents mobilised for partnership research;
- 11 technological platforms for conducting laboratory or real-life experiments in the fields of environment, infrastructure, light sources, noise, vibrations, climate conditions and materials;
- research teams, with highly complementary thematic axes, which provide knowledge to the Cerema experts.
Clim’adapt also provides its partners with its Prototypes and Digital Projects Department (DPPN), as well as its Experimentation and Research Centre (CER). These enable key stages of technological development to be completed at 1-scale in the fields of instrumentation, sensors, navigation aids, monitoring equipment, etc.
Our six areas of activity: