The Carnot Clim'adapt institute supports its partners to meet local needs and help them move towards a resource-efficient, carbon-free, environmentally friendly economy, in line with the new lifestyles brought about by the digital transition and adaptation to climate change. Clim'adapt offers expertise focused on infrastructure, its core business, and through the transfer of skills and results of its R&D, mobility, buildings and towns, resource economics and ecosystems.
|Permanent staff (full-time equivalent)||206|
|Global budget||28,8 M€|
|Partnership incomes with industry||5,3 M€|
Le Carnot Clim'adapt
25, avenue F. Mitterrand
F-69674 Bron cedex
+33 (0)7 62 84 99 94
Marketing Communication Officer
+33 (0)4 82 91 75 20
thierry.braine-bonnaire[a]cerema.fr Email contact
Cutting-Edge partnership research for regions adapted to climate change
A Carnot Institute dealing with the various challenges of town and country planning in the era of climate change
Clim'adapt supports all those involved in the design and construction of infrastructure, at the heart of town and country planning: local authorities and companies. Its missions are threefold:
- transfer Cerema's R&D to companies to help them adapt to climate change;
- support companies in the development of solutions for regions, by making its technological platforms available and even developing experiments in those regions;
- support local authorities in identifying and implementing innovative solutions adapted to their needs, through the development of research partnerships with companies of all sizes.
- Motor vehicles and mobility
- Sea industry
- Energy systems
- Chemistry and materials
- Construction industry
- Waste processing and enhancement
Clim'adapt is committed to offering solutions at the cutting edge of R&D on its various research topics, compatible with, and forerunners of, the necessary mitigation and adaptation of regions to climate change. The Institute is strongly rooted locally so as to be close to its customers and their needs. It provides them with Cerema’s R&D results, skills and resources in the fields of observation, instrumentation, measurement, analysis and modelling to understand and anticipate how their products or services work and assess their impact. Clim’adapt is:
- nearly 500 agents with varying degrees of involvement;
- 11 technological platforms for conducting laboratory or real-life experiments in the fields of environment, infrastructure, light sources, noise, vibrations, climate conditions and materials;
- laboratories for observing local areas.
Clim'adapt also makes available to its partners the tools developed by its two Prototype Design and Study Centres (Centres d’Etudes et de Conception des Prototypes - CECP), in the fields of instrumentation and sensors, navigational aid devices, or even monitoring equipment (such as infrastructure).